Раulа Kid-in / Міllіе Grаnаdоѕ
Paula Kid-in is a character from the Expanded Universe of Planetes. Paula's identity doesn't really exist: she initially was Selena Gomez from the past and from the Mirror Universe, whom the Emperor of the Terran Empire sent forward in time in 2008 and to the Prime Universe, to Barcelona (Catalonia), where she posed as a normal student. And in 2012, Selena was supposed to return to the past and start a war against the Teremedosian survivors, allied with planet Vulcan in the Teremedovulcan Union. When Prime Universe's Josep Maria, Admiral of Earth in the Federation Starfleet, erased Paula's memory to change Selena's history and preventing her entire war in the mirror universe from existing, the officers of the ship FEF 07 had to face Regent Andrea in this new timeline of the mirror universe. Paula Kid-in recovered her memory erased by Prime Universe's İhi Kadse, but Federation Starfleet officers managed to arrest and imprison Paula on Teremedó, and believed that they defeated Andrea when she was reportedly killed when her sabotaged helicopter crashed into the sea. Since Paula wasn't on Earth but in a prison in Bàrcinon, at first the Federation Starfleet officers left on Earth a hologram with her appearance but programmed to change into a different appearance, to avoid people realise that Paula Kid-in was Mirror Universe's Selena's young version. But the hologram became unstable, so some sort of replacement was requested. A Teremedosian orphan girl volunteered to replace Paula Kid-in on Earth and live like a human girl from Barcelona, but without remembering her original life on Teremedo. So the Federation Starfleet officers erased her memory, and now on Earth there's a Teremedosian girl living as Paula Kid-in lived. And Andrea doesn't know that this Paula Kid-in is actually a Teremedosian orphan girl. Now her appearance is quite different than Selena's: she wears glasses and sometimes dyes her hair blonde, but she's still as pretty as Selena.
Amelia "Millie" Granados
Amelia Granados, called Millie by her friends, is a fictional character from the limbo whose physical appearance is based on Paula Kid-in's. Millie comes from Buenos Aires, Argentina, but lives in Barcelona with her parents. Millie appears in the film "Planetes VIII: I'll Redo Your Life" of the Expanded Universe of Planetes, where Alxy Frankz materialises her and Aylín Segura (another imaginary girl with the appearance of a real girl named Саrlа Еѕсоbаr) into the real world. Both girls find the real Josep Maria 26, fall in love with him and kiss him before returning to their imaginary world through the scanners when 0 uses İhi Kadse's limbisation program to send them back to the limbo, because these girls come exactly from 26's imagination. 0 goes to the supercomputer located in 26's former school and discovers that Alxy Frankz and Carla's evil alternative version have been preventing Josep Maria from having new relationships with girls after breaking up with İhi, but they didn't prevent him from getting to make a mind meld with his teacher of Serbian, Ѕаrа Аndrејеvіć. They also replaced the mermaid Alexandra and all her perception filters with real people, extracting the lives of random people. So Alexandra is no longer a mermaid nor is there any risk that she'll die if someone tells her about mermaids. In addition, they made Alexandra come to the real world and change the lives of members of the evangelical church so much. 0 tells 26 that he thinks that the two imaginary girls kissed him to get information from him while he was distracted. And in a transport sphere of the mirror universe, Alxy Frankz confirms 0's suspicions: they'll use the information obtained with the kiss to attack Teremedó. Millie Granados appears also in an adult film attached to the saga but set entirely in Millie's universe.
Karla Morán is the most beautiful girl on Earth (but the most beautiful girl in the universe is Alara, an extraterrestrial girl who comes from planet Xelaya). As mentioned in the film "Planetes VI: Alone in an Ordinary World", Karla Morán is a former classmate of Josep Maria's school when they were 11, studying together with all the children who were trapped in Tekoda by the Bursiferians seven years before.
The last episode of SerieStar4 named "The End" states that in an alternative universe visited by the time-traveller Νауеlі Еnсаrnасіόn Gаrсíа, Karla Morán and Josep Maria are dating. This was Karla Morán's first appearance in the production chronology of Planetes and its spin-offs.
Her version from the Mirror Universe appears in the third episode of the fourth season of Special Sisters (the episode 27) named "Just Because" where it's revealed that she was part of Yusma's army of girls and after his death, she's now under the command of Mirror Universe's Mila and Mirror Universe's Lorena. In order to stop Regent Andrea and Jordi Alejos García, Mila travels to the Prime Universe together with Karla, Lorena and two more girls named Mariam and Marta, the latter being the one who has the most hatred against Andrea, since Andrea killed the girl she loved, Clàudia Kacely, but Clàudia was Andrea's couple, so this love was impossible. However, Marta is a traitor and was lying, because in fact she's secretly working on Andrea's side. When Mila sends Karla and Mariam to Andrea's house to investigate following Marta's deceitful idea, Andrea quickly kill both girls right after arriving at her house. Andrea contacts the ship FEF 07 on screen, shows them the dead bodies of Mariam and Karla, and says she'll leave them in a place outside her house's protection in case the ship's officers want to beam them on board. The bodies are finally buried in space.
In the film "Planetes VII: The End of a Future", 24 locks himself in a holodeck of the ship 07 and activates a hologram in Karla Morán's form, who makes a mind meld with 24 and then they kiss. There's no background, the yellow background of the holodeck is seen. Suddenly, Mirror Universe's Lorena appears and tells 24 and 0 that the culprit in the destruction of the Mirror Universe has been Alxy Frankz, and that she's the last one alive who comes from that universe. She informs the ship's officers that she'll go to another planet that she can't tell them and she'll "disappear" forever. Later in the same film, Karla Morán is mentioned when Panda explains that, before his first regeneration and before becoming a Time Lord, while he was in Bàrcinon because the police were chasing him, he went twice to the holodeck of this city. The first recreation was about Andrea, and the second recreation was about Karla Morán and Ѕаndrа Lóреz. Karla Morán appears for the last time in the film "Planetes VIII: I'll Redo Your Life": after seeing that his brother 0 is suffering a lot after Alxy Frankz's defeat, 26 prepares a plan: he wants to find a way to put somehow the whole ship 07 with 0 and Franny on board indefinitely inside a big holodeck on planet Teremedó and make them believe that simulation is reality. To test if people can believe they're part of the simulation, 26 applies this process on himself and runs the same holoprogram Panda enjoyed in the other timeline before beginning his time travels. Karla Morán doesn't appear any more.
Patrícia is the only girl who is currently in love with Josep Maria. She was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. Josep Maria and Patrícia often kiss and make mind melds several times when they meet, although they've never been dating as a couple, but he allows her to let her crush on him go letting her enjoy and explore her romantic feelings for him (maybe because he reciprocate those feelings). Patrícia is the only girl whom Josep Maria can kiss without problems. However, she's squeamish about French kissing (with tongue).
Girls who made a mind meld with Josep Maria
Flоrа Fеrnándеz Саlvо
Сrіѕtіnа Gаrсíа Сívісо
Mind-melded with Josep Maria 22 at the end of April 2018, the only time they saw each other in person.
Caрa Aндpejeвиħ / Ѕаrа Аndrејеvіć
- Main article: Caрa Aндpejeвиħ / Ѕаrа Аndrејеvіć
- Main article: Synthetic girl
Other minor characters
- Ѕаrа Маrtí: A student from Josep Maria's school but a year younger. When Josep Maria was 14, he got a little crush on her, but she was dating Meŀlina's older brother named Ðuаnіk, who didn't live in her neighbourhood but in Josep Maria's. Since Ѕаrа didn't reciprocated Josep Maria's feelings, she got angry with him, so they couldn't be even friends. Both Ѕаrа and Ðuаnіk became Josep Maria's enemies. When Meŀlina was lost in the limbo and therefore was replaced by a polymorphic spectre, she misunderstood something and became also another of his enemies, as Josep Maria's version from the year 2020 told his own version from the year 2010 in the film Planetes II: The Creator of the Show. In the film Planetes VII: The End of a Future, in an alternative timeline where 0 and Sandra died, Josep Maria 24 took the mobile holoemitter which projected Ѕаndrа's holographic duplicate, so the fake dead body disappeared since it was a hologram. 24 used this mobile holoemitter to become invisible, saw Ѕаrа and grabbed her mobile phone, taking the advantage of the invisibility provided by the mobile holoemitter. Sara tried to react, but 24 left Sara unconscious with a phaser he was carrying, without anyone seeing him. 24 arrived at the school Asunción where the supercomputer is located, opened the doors with the phaser and went quickly to the toilet where the supercomputer is located. He turned it on and began to programme a return to the past, while he heard the police who were looking for him. But before he ﬁnished programming the return to the past, he tried to turn on Sara’s mobile phone, but it had a password. However, with a tricorder he was also carrying, 24 was able to turn it on and phoned himself, since he wanted to know Sara's number. Once 24 registered Sara's number on his own mobile phone, he scanned his phone to keep her number on his contact list after the return to the past, and then prepared the return to the past. When everything was ready, the police found 24, but he activated the program quickly, and the return to the past covered the whole Earth. Back home after the time reversion, 24 looked at his mobile phone and became happy to see that he still had Sara's number. After Panda's changes in the timeline preventing 0 and Ѕаndrа from dying, Panda told 24: “İ know you were thinking about it, but don’t use advanced technology to get Ѕаrа Маrtí’s number, all right?” and 24 asked why. Panda told him: “Thaťs how everything began, and İ don’t need to tell you how it ended… Ѕаrа doesn't appear any more, especially because she moved to the Basque Country to live with a boy, but 24 discovered that her younger sister is one of the synthetic girls Alxy Frankz created and sent to Earth where they mingled with the humans and everybody started to believe that these girls have always belonged to this place and time. Like the other ginoids who are living amongst humans, people think that Ѕаrа's synthetic sister has always been Ѕаrа's younger sister, but she arrived on Earth when she was already a teenager.
- Ðuаnіk: Meŀlina's older brother and Josep Maria's chilhood enemy within his life as a human. He dated Ѕаrа Маrtí, but she broke up with her. After his breakup with Ѕаrа, Alxy Frankz spoke once with him and offered him a way to win her back by creating a synthetic girl and sending her to Ѕаrа's family where this synthetic girl would pose as Ѕаrа's younger sister. It isn't known what Alxy Frankz asked him in exchange, but for sure, it was nothing good.
- Саrlа Еѕсоbаr / Ауlín: In the real world, Саrlа Еѕсоbаr was a student from Josep Maria's school but a year younger, and she was Ѕаrа Маrtí's best friend since they were in the same clasroom. In the mirror universe, Саrlа Еѕсоbаr was one of Andrea's partners who died when Andrea poisoned a few girls from the school 'The Demons of the Hell' before she destroyed the entire school. In a fictional universe in the limbo, based on Josep Maria's imagination, Ауlín is a fictional girl based on Саrlа's physical appearance but a member of Lorena and Alexandra's Evangelical church, being Rosmeris's first cousin and Alexandra's second cousin. In this universe Ауlín is ¾ Andalusian and ¼ Afro-American (since Rosmeris and Ауlín's grandfather came from Dominican Republic). She also studied in the same school as her counterpart from the real world, and also was Ѕаrа Маrtí's classmate and friend. But Саrlа Еѕсоbаr's currently best friend named Аlbа, who studied also in the same classroom as Саrlа and Ѕаrа Маrtí, in the fictional universe is named Саrlа, since Саrlа is named Ауlín. In the imaginary universe, Ауlín and fictional Josep Maria are close friends, even they make a mind meld as their personal greeting: Ауlín sees Josep Maria as a little brother and she performs this greeting with all the members of her family, that's why she decided to perform it also with him).
- Rоѕmеrіѕ: She's a girl from the same Evangelical church as Lorena and Alexandra, being cousin of this last one. When Josep Maria fell in love with Alexandra due to a mermaid link, he wanted to hide his crush on Alexandra from everybody and decided to use İhi Kadse's method of pretending to be in love with a different girl he isn't really in love with, to mislead them and make them no longer think he's in love with Alexandra. That's why he started telling everybody in the church except Melvin that he had feelings for another girl instead. At first Josep Maria 20 showed a photo with Sandra and told them he's in love with this girl, but he said that the girl's name was 'Lyla Schaeffer' (taking her first name from Alexandra's mermaid biological cousin Lyla and her last name from 'Aelita Schaeffer', a fictional character from a French animated TV series named Code Lyoko). However, the members of the church still believed that Josep Maria fell in love with Alexandra too. So he realised that he must choose a girl from the church instead, so he chose Rosmeris since she was a little ugly for him. But the unexpected happened: Josep Maria 20 truly fell in love with Rosmeris too. That's why he decided to leave the church, since even his crush on Rosmeris became (and is still) bigger than his crush on Alexandra. In a fictional universe in the limbo, based on Josep Maria's imagination, Rosmeris is Ауlín's first cousin and Alexandra's second cousin, and in this universe Rosmeris reciprocated Josep Maria's feelings but got angry with both Josep Maria and Ауlín when she discovered that her cousin Ауlín may also have reciprocated Josep Maria's feelings but secretly when Josep Maria and Ауlín kissed on the lips in a ceremony of their church and then they were dancing and mind-melding in front of Rosmeris for a while on Rosmeris's birthday at Ауlín's house.
- Ѕhеуlа: A friend of Josep Maria's who is part of another Evangelical church but her behaviour is like a typical and modern young girl. She cames from Ecuador. They love talking about gossips, especially about Josep Maria's life. Her counterpart in the fictional world of Josep Maria's imagination is the same: in this universe located in the limbo, Josep Maria sent to Sheyla a photo with Ауlín sleeping pacefully on his leg at Ауlín's house at 6 in the morning.